A donation in your will, known as a bequest, allows you to create a legacy for Nellie’s once the needs of your loved ones have been met. A bequest is a tax-effective way to support Nellie’s and your estate may claim gifts in the year of death equal to 100 per cent of your net income in that year and the preceding year.
What you need to know to leave a legacy is:
- Nellie’s legal name is Women’s Hostel’s Inc.
- Nellie’s charitable registration number is 11930-2727-RR0001
- Our mailing address is 970 Queen St. E., PO Box 98118, Toronto, ON M4M 1J8
A gift to Nellie’s can take the form of:
- A residual bequest – after making provisions for your family and friends, the balance of your estate is donated to Nellie’s
- A percentage of your estate – where a specific percentage (for example 25%) of your estate is left to Nellie’s.
- A financial bequest – where a specific sum of money (for example $10,000) is donated to Nellie’s.
- A specific gift bequest – referring to any non-cash items such as shares, property, jewellery, artwork, or other valuables, which can be given to Nellie’s.
SAMPLE BEQUEST WORDING
“I direct my Trustees to pay or transfer the sum of $________or ______% of my estate to Women’s Hostels Inc. (Nellie’s), charitable business No. 11930-2727-RR0001 to be used for the general purposes [or to be applied by Nellie’s as its directors see fit].”
Ingrid Graham Manager of Advancement
416-645-1419 or by email Ingrid@nellies.org